The Staff Accountant works closely with the Controller to maintain the Gallery’s A/R and A/P books and financial records related to artists. This is an opportunity to be a member of and grow within a dynamic Finance team in a leading international art gallery. The position reports to Controller and interacts with a wide list of internationally renowned artists.
Sample of Responsibilities
• Enter all sales and cash receipts to Excel schedules.
• Update A/R schedule and reconcile to QuickBooks and Artbase/Artlogic weekly.
• Follow up with clients and Sales team to ensure timely collection procedures are being performed.
• Check bank accounts for invoice payments, announce payments within the team, record in QuickBooks and Artbase/Artlogic.
• Make sure all invoices and costs are entered in the A/P schedule and QuickBooks accurately and timely.
• Cut checks/initiate wires.
• Post cleared payments to QuickBooks and Artlogic.
• Reconcile AMEX transactions.
• Verify banking instructions.
• Maintain prepaid production schedule.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining Artist Statements.
• Assist in Artbase/Artlogic migration.
• Ensure monthly reconciliations of all schedules to QB.
• Assist in month-end close and preparation of monthly P&L
• Assist in year-end close and review process.
Characteristics for Success
• Integrity – adhere to the highest ethical standards.
• Discretion – protect privacy and business intelligence.
• Ownership – take pride and responsibility in the assigned work and accomplished results.
• Naturally collaborative – work productively with others and be a team player.
• Efficiency – prioritize workload and resources to meet deadlines.
• Positivity – contribute to a professional, pleasant, and healthy workplace.
• Energetic – work well in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Analytical and detail oriented.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 2-3 years of accounting experience.
• Proficiency in MS Office with strong Excel skills.
• Proficiency in G Suite and Google Sheets.
• Experience with Artbase/Artlogic and QuickBooks.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• A customer service orientation.
Full-time non-exempt position
Working in the office environment M-F
Please send a cover letter and resumé to Zhenya Grant at email@example.com. No phone calls please.